The purpose of the Blue Ridge Bicycle Club is to promote and encourage the use of bicycles for transportation and recreation in southwestern Virginia; to support the rights of cyclists; to provide information in the interest of cycling and safety; and to provide a variety of recreational and competitive cycling opportunities for our members. We partner with RIMBA (Roanoke International Mountain Biking Association chapter) on some events, and many BRBC members belong to both clubs.
This is how we occupy our time:
- Signature rides: Tuesday nights 5:30 PM during daylight savings, multiple routes for multiple abilities
- Weekly socials: After every Tuesday night ride, regroup downtown at Cornerstone Bar & Grill
- Weekly rides: A variety of rides are hosted by club members nearly every week of the year
- Several events throughout the year including Spring Summits and the Artie.
- Annual summer and winter parties for members
- Advocacy for bicycle lanes, motorist awareness, general safety. We partner with RIDE Solutions
Benefits of Being a Member